At Semmle we think of code as data. Our mission is to transform the practice of software engineering with data-driven insights. Understanding this data, and the opportunities it creates, is central to the future of our company.
We are looking for a machine learning specialist to join our highly talented and friendly team at our office in central Oxford. You will apply state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to software engineering data generated by our world-class technology platform.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company, and make a real impact in an application area that will have increasing significance over the coming years.
Semmle’s analysis platform crunches many data sources: source code, version history, issue tickets, profiling data, test results and so forth. These sources also contain large quantities of data written in plain English.
You will enjoy:
- Applying machine learning to solve business problems
- Applying advanced natural language processing techniques
- Identifying new opportunities to extract knowledge from software engineering data
- End to end ownership of projects: from acquiring and analysing data, building predictive models, creating data pipelines and integrating your solutions into our products
- Working in a transparent and collaborative manner
You will prototype with whatever tools you prefer. We encourage you to attend and present at conferences and workshops.
You will have:
- Excellent knowledge of a wide variety of machine learning algorithms and data science techniques, including advanced natural language processing
- An MSc or PhD in computer science, mathematics, or related area
- Commercial machine learning experience
- The ability to select the best method to solve the business problem in hand
- Great communication skills, the ability to think creatively, and persistence
- Experience in Java (or a similar object-oriented language)
Semmle is the leading innovator in the field of software engineering analytics. Some of the most highly regarded software development organizations in the world use Semmle to develop better software faster. Built on groundbreaking compiler and data analysis research, Semmle enables developers, team leads, managers, and C-level executives to gain actionable insights from the code created in their organization. These insights help them retain and develop talent better, control software costs, and deliver new functionality sooner. Semmle is privately held and backed by top-tier investors including Accel Partners.
We offer intellectually stimulating work, competitive salaries, and a relaxed work environment in the vibrant heart of central Oxford.
How do you apply?
Semmle aims to hire outstanding people who have a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures. We actively support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital status or disability status.
Please send your CV, and a short motivation to Ian Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage applicants to let us know of any accessibility requirements, so that we may provide the best possible support during the application process and your time at Semmle.
We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.