Do you believe in Open Source? Do you enjoy being an active member in developer communities, mentoring and sharing advice and best practices? Is code quality something you consider essential for projects you are involved in?
As a Developer advocate working on LGTM.com, you will engage with developers at our customers and with the open-source community at large, to encourage them to get the most out of LGTM. You will help us grow our user base from a small enthusiastic group to everybody who cares about program analysis and code health.
- Engage with open source projects to encourage them to use LGTM
- Follow-up with these projects, building long-term relationships, helping them set things up, and propose the best way to use LGTM according to their workflow, working towards full adoption
- Collect feedback and report to the relevant Semmle teams
- Maintain professional politeness and courtesy at all times
- Present the company and products positively
- Explore usage data, to adapt our engagement strategy
- Contribute to the day-to-day operation of our Developer Advocacy efforts, such as conference attendance, sponsorships and talks, meetups, blog posts and customer events ...
With this role, you will
- Gain deep expertise in several programming languages, even in their most obscure details, and in all build systems for these languages
- Become an expert on code quality, and get such recognition from the Open Source community
Thanks to this experience, you will be able to join other teams in Semmle, such as, but not limited to: Program analysis engineer or Compiler engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, completion of a full-time programming course or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong interest in software quality, in development practices, and in development workflow productivity.
- Strong interest in building productivity tools for developers.
- Good communication skills, to engage smoothly and efficiently with developers.
- Fluent in English
- Active open source contributor, with involvement in a number of projects
- Experience in continuous integration / continuous delivery workflows and tooling
Semmle is the leading innovator in the field of software engineering analytics. Some of the most highly regarded software development organizations in the world use Semmle to develop better software faster (Google, Microsoft, NASA ...). Seamlessly integrated into the developer workflow, LGTM provides feedback and recommendations right where you need it.
We offer intellectually stimulating work, competitive salaries, and a relaxed work environment.
How do you apply?
Semmle aims to hire outstanding people who have a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures. We actively support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital status or disability status.
Please send your CV, and a short motivation to Xavier René-Corail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage applicants to let us know of any accessibility requirements, so that we may provide the best possible support during the application process and your time at Semmle.
We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.